*Balloon (12″-or larger diameter when blown up)
Strips of newspaper, packaging paper, or art paper cut into strips
*Maps of the 7 continents
*Markers or paint
1. Blow up the balloon to desired diameter. Tie a string around the knot (making sure it is secure), then hang the balloon.
2. Mix your own paper mache mix. Mix Glue – 2 parts to 1 part water. So for every 1 cup white glue use 1/2 cup water and mix it well.
3. Put the glue mixture on the paper. – Dip it or paint it on.
4. Start wrapping the balloon like making a cast.
5. Hang the covered balloon in a place it won’t be disturbed Until the paper is hard and dry.
6. Cut the continents out (you can find great maps to print for free – http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/na.htm / http://www.mapsofworld.com/north-america/ / http://www.geographicguide.com/world-image.htm / http://www.geographicguide.com/maps.htm
7. Print continents on sticker paper (or use a cricut to cut them out)